- Corporate body
The 3rd Battalion of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, also known as 3PPCLI, 3 PPCLI, 3VP, and 3 VP, was formed 30 November 1950 as part of the Special Force raised for active service in Korea. The Battalion trained in Wainwright, Camp Borden and Ipperwash, Ontario. It provided reinforcements for both the 1st and 2nd Battalions during their tours in Korea before relieving the 1st Battalion in Korea 11 November 1952. The Battalion fought on "The Hook" and Hill 355 "Little Gibraltar" until ceasefire was read 27 July 1953. The Battalion then moved to Naenjong in the Demilitarized Zone and manned check points there until relieved by the Black Watch in October 1953. The 3rd Battalion was reduced to nil strength on January 8, 1954. It was reformed in April 1970 supplemented by members of the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, many of whom rebadged with the Princess Patricia's after their regiment was reduced to one reserve battalion. The 3rd Battalion was presented Colours on 20 November 1971 by the Governor General of Canada and new Colours on March 9, 1993 by the Colonel-In-Chief, the Countess Mountbatten of Burma. The new Colours were presented in Pacrac, Croatia, the first time that a Canadian Unit was presented with consecrated Colours in an operational theatre during hostilities. The 3rd Battalion was stationed at Work Point Barracks, Esquimalt, British Columbia until 1994 when it moved to Chilliwack, British Columbia, then Griesbach Barracks, Edmonton and then finally to Edmonton Garrison (Namao) in 1997. It served 6 month Peacekeeping tours in Cyprus in 1970-1971, 1975-1976, 1980 and 1988 and in Croatia in 1992-1993. As part of NATO, A and B Companies served in Bosnia between January 1997 and January 1998 and on the United Nations Security Force (SFOR) between February and September 2000. As part of the Afghanistan War, members of the 3rd Battalion served in battle groups in Kandahar and Helmand provinces and in the city of Kabul from 2002 until 2014.