Dorothy Blanche Shuckburgh was the second wife of Andrew Hamilton Gault. They married in 1922. In the 1920s and 1930s they lived at Hatch Court, Hatch Beauchamp, Somerset, England. After Gault retired from the Canadian Army in 1944 they moved to his Canadian estate at Mont St. Hilaire, Quebec. Following Gault's death in 1958, Dorothy returned to Hatch Court. She was often honored at ceremonies of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry.