- Corporate body
Fort MacLeod, located in the town of Hemer, North Rhine-Westphalia, West Germany, was a base for Canadian infantry forces in Europe from 1953 to 1970. It was named after the historic Fort Macleod in Alberta. It was the home of the 2nd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (2PPCLI) from 1953 to 1955 and of the 1st Battalion (1PPCLI) from 1955 to 1957. During that time, a German photo studio documented the PPCLI's parades, mess dinners, family parties, and visits of distinguished guests. Photos of these events were compiled into albums, which were presented to the battalions. A numbering system made it possible for individual members of PPCLI to order photos for their personal collections. The name of the photo studio or of the individual photographer has not been identified.