Fort MacLeod photo studio

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Collectivité

Forme autorisée du nom

Fort MacLeod photo studio

forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

    Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

      Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

        Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

        Zone de description

        Dates d’existence

        fl.1952-1957

        Historique

        Fort MacLeod, located in the town of Hemer, North Rhine-Westphalia, West Germany, was a base for Canadian infantry forces in Europe from 1953 to 1970. It was named after the historic Fort Macleod in Alberta. It was the home of the 2nd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (2PPCLI) from 1953 to 1955 and of the 1st Battalion (1PPCLI) from 1955 to 1957. During that time, a German photo studio documented the PPCLI's parades, mess dinners, family parties, and visits of distinguished guests. Photos of these events were compiled into albums, which were presented to the battalions. A numbering system made it possible for individual members of PPCLI to order photos for their personal collections. The name of the photo studio or of the individual photographer has not been identified.

        Lieux

        Statut légal

        Fonctions et activités

        Textes de référence

        Organisation interne/Généalogie

        Contexte général

        Zone des relations

        Zone des points d'accès

        Mots-clés - Sujets

        Mots-clés - Lieux

        Occupations

        Zone du contrôle

        Identifiant de notice d'autorité

        ppcli

        Identifiant du service d'archives

        Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

        Statut

        Niveau de détail

        Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

        Langue(s)

          Écriture(s)

            Sources

            Notes de maintenance