- PPCLI P170
- [ca. 1953]-1985
The Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) Depot was established at Calgary in 1953 for the purpose of training soldiers of the 1st and 2nd Battalions, and overseeing administrative functions for the Regiment as a whole. In 1956 it moved to Edmonton. In 1968 with the reorganization of the Canadian Armed Forces the Depot was abolished, and recruit training was centralized at CFB Wainwright. In 1974 the recruit training function became the responsibility of the 1st Canadian Mechanized Brigade Training Detachment. In 1981 it was renamed the PPCLI Battle School. In 1997 it was renamed the Western Area Training Centre. This collection consists of photographs of the PPCLI Depot and PPCLI Battle School, as well as Canadian Forces Recruit School (CFRS) at CFB Cornwallis and Combat Training Centre (CTC) at CFB Gagetown.