Previsualizar a impressão Fechar

Mostrar 36 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Apenas descrições de nível superior Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

Between the wars photo collection

  • PPCLI P50
  • Coleção
  • 1919-1939

This collection consists of photographs of Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) activities from its reorganization as a permanent peacetime battalion in March 1919 until its departure for Europe on December 17, 1939.

Individual Files photograph collection

  • PPCLI P400
  • Coleção
  • ca. 1910-ca. 2000

The collection consists of formal and informal portraits of individual members of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, filed alphabetically by surname.

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Regimental Museum and Archives

First World War photo collection

  • PPCLI P30
  • Coleção
  • 1912 - 1919

This collection consists of photographs of Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) activities from the formation of the Regiment on 11 August 1914 to its demobilization from wartime service on 20 March 1919. Includes group portraits, and photos of unidentified individuals.

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Regimental Museum and Archives

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Band photograph collection

  • PPCLI P18
  • Coleção
  • 1914-[ca. 1990]

The collection consists of photographs and photonegatives of the PPCLI Band in its various incarnations. Includes a few images of mascots Citation Mike the horse and Mickey the dog, who were associated with the Band.

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry. Band

PPCLI Battle School photo collection

  • PPCLI P170
  • Coleção
  • [ca. 1953]-1985

The Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) Depot was established at Calgary in 1953 for the purpose of training soldiers of the 1st and 2nd Battalions, and overseeing administrative functions for the Regiment as a whole. In 1956 it moved to Edmonton. In 1968 with the reorganization of the Canadian Armed Forces the Depot was abolished, and recruit training was centralized at CFB Wainwright. In 1974 the recruit training function became the responsibility of the 1st Canadian Mechanized Brigade Training Detachment. In 1981 it was renamed the PPCLI Battle School. In 1997 it was renamed the Western Area Training Centre. This collection consists of photographs of the PPCLI Depot and PPCLI Battle School, as well as Canadian Forces Recruit School (CFRS) at CFB Cornwallis and Combat Training Centre (CTC) at CFB Gagetown.

PPCLI memorials photograph collection

  • PPCLI P15
  • Coleção
  • 1915-2000

This collection consists of photographs of gravesites, cemeteries, cenotaphs, and memorial events where members of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry were commemorated.

PPCLI Colours photo collection.

  • PPCLI P14
  • Coleção
  • 1914 - 1989

This collection consists of images of the Colours of Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) as well as related units such as 2 Commando of the Canadian Airborne Regiment. Also includes images of the PPCLI camp flag. In early military tradition, a battalion’s Colours were a flag carried near the commanding officer to serve as a rallying point in the melee of battle. Though no longer of strategic importance, its Colours are considered to be its most precious possession and are normally only displayed during military parades. In the British Commonwealth, battalions possess two Colours: the King’s (or Queen’s) Colour and the Regimental Colour. Regiments can be given permission to decorate their Colours with Battle Honours: the names of notable battles or campaigns in which they fought. PPCLI’s original Colour, known as the Ric-A-Dam-Doo, was hand-embroidered by Princess Patricia, and was last Canadian Colour to actually be carried into battle.

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Regimental Museum and Archives

2PPCLI in Korea photo collection

  • PPCLI P130
  • Coleção
  • 1950 - 1988

This collection consists predominantly of photographs of the 2nd Battalion of Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (2PPCLI) during the conflict on the Korean Peninsula from its formation on August 7, 1950 to the signing of the Korean Armistice Agreement on July 27, 1953. Includes a few images taken after the war. The 2nd Battalion was the first battalion of the PPCLI to arrive in Korea (December 18, 1950) serving with the 27th and 28th British Commonwealth Infantry Brigades until replaced by the 1st Battalion PPCLI on November 4, 1951.

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry

PPCLI Colonels of the Regiment photo collection

  • PPCLI P12
  • Coleção
  • 1941-2015

The honorary title of Colonel of the Regiment (CoR) of Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) was initiated by the Regimental Executive Committee (REC) in October 1958, with permission of Army Headquarters. The title was limited to serving or retired officers of PPCLI holding the rank of Colonel or higher. The CoR participated in parades and other ceremonies, and was an ex officio member of the REC. The founder of the Regiment, Brigadier-General A. Hamilton Gault, was the first to hold the title, however, he died in the same month as his appointment, November 1958. He was succeeded by Major-General Cameron Bethel Ware, who held the title from 1959 to 1977. Thereafter, Colonels of the Regiment were appointed for 3-year terms, which could be renewed once. The collection consists of formal portraits of Colonels of the Regiment, and photos of them in ceremonial and other situations. The photos are grouped into series by their names in consecutive order: Cameron Bethel Ware, George Grenville Brown, William Benjamin Scott Sutherland, Reginald Stuart Graham, Herbert Chesley Pitts, C. William Hewson, A.J.G.D. de Chastelain, Robert I. Stewart, J.E.L. Gollner, Raymond R. Crabbe, W. Brian Vernon, Vincent W. Kennedy. Includes Col. Sutherland's collection of historical photos.

PPCLI colonels-in-chief photo collection

  • PPCLI P11
  • Coleção
  • 1910-2017

This collection consists of images of the three individuals who have held the title of Colonel-in-Chief of Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI). In the British Commonwealth military tradition, a regiment is theoretically headed by a colonel-in-chief, who is a member of the Royal Family or is otherwise a person of national prominence. Princess Patricia of Connaught, the namesake of PPCLI, was actually appointed Colonel-in-Chief on 22 February 1918. Upon her marriage to Captain Alexander Ramsay in February 1919 she relinquished the title of Princess and was subsequently addressed as Lady Patricia Ramsay. Upon her death in 1974, she was succeeded by her cousin Lady Patricia Brabourne. In 1979 she inherited her father’s estate and became Countess Mountbatten of Burma, but continued to be addressed informally as Lady Patricia. She retired as Colonel-in-Chief in 2007, and was succeeded by the Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson.

Resultados 1 a 10 de 36