Collection P170 - PPCLI Battle School photo collection

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

PPCLI Battle School photo collection

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    Level of description

    Collection

    Reference code

    PPCLI P170

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • [ca. 1953]-1985 (Collection)
      Collector
      Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Regimental Museum and Archives

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    50 photographs

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    The Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) Depot was established at Calgary in 1953 for the purpose of training soldiers of the 1st and 2nd Battalions, and overseeing administrative functions for the Regiment as a whole. In 1956 it moved to Edmonton. In 1968 with the reorganization of the Canadian Armed Forces the Depot was abolished, and recruit training was centralized at CFB Wainwright. In 1974 the recruit training function became the responsibility of the 1st Canadian Mechanized Brigade Training Detachment. In 1981 it was renamed the PPCLI Battle School. In 1997 it was renamed the Western Area Training Centre. This collection consists of photographs of the PPCLI Depot and PPCLI Battle School, as well as Canadian Forces Recruit School (CFRS) at CFB Cornwallis and Combat Training Centre (CTC) at CFB Gagetown.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Reproduction or publication of the images requires permission of PPCLI Regimental Museum and Archives

        Finding aids

        An item-level inventory of the collection is located at https://ppcli.com/ppcli-museum-description/ppcli-fonds/ .

        Associated materials

        Group portraits of PPCLI Depot recruit platoons are located in albums C90-1, C90-2, and C90-3. Portraits of individual members of PPCLI are located in P400.

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Additions to the collection are expected.

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        ppcli

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area