Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
The Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) was raised in Ottawa in August 1914 as the result of an offer by Captain A. Hamilton Gault to provide $100,000.00 to finance and equip a regiment for overseas service. It was named in honour of Princess Patricia, granddaughter of Queen Victoria and daughter of the Duke of Connaught, then the Governor-General of Canada. PPCLI has been a Canadian permanent force regiment since 1914. It has participated in two World Wars, the Korean War, the War in Afghanistan, civic crises, Cold War defence and numerous peacekeeping missions all over the world. During the Korean War the regiment was increased to three battalions and then cut back to two battalions in 1954. In 1970 it was again increased to three battalions. Since 1919 it has been based in locations in western Canada. In the 2010s the three battalions were located in Edmonton and CFB Shilo, Manitoba.
Functies, beroepen en activiteiten
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Interne structuren / genealogie
Access points area
Authority record identifier