Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • PPCLI Association

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1917-

History

During the First World War veterans of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) in Ottawa began to gather informally. The Patricia Club of Ottawa was formed 27 December 1917. Other Patricia Clubs were later formed in some of the larger Canadian cities. These clubs provided personal assistance to veterans and their families as well as other public services. Following the Second World War, on 18 May 1946, Hamilton Gault organized the first meeting of the PPCLI Association. On 13 September 1953, the PPCLI Association was incorporated. It was structured with autonomous Branches in Canadian cities or regions, and one Branch in the United Kingdom. From 1953 to 1994, the Association ran the PPCLI Regimental Museum and Archives. In 1964 the Association established the Hamilton Gault Memorial Fund for charitable purposes. From about 1982 to about 1994 the Regimental Adjutant was also Secretary-Treasurer of the Association. As of 2017, there were 10 Branches of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association across Canada.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

ppcli

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC