Fonds Fonds 10 - Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

PPCLI Association fonds

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

PPCLI Fonds 10

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1927 - 2019 (Creation)
    Creator
    Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association

Physical description area

Physical description

4.9 m of textual records and other material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1917-)

Administrative history

During the First World War veterans of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) in Ottawa began to gather informally. The Patricia Club of Ottawa was formed 27 December 1917. Other Patricia Clubs were later formed in some of the larger Canadian cities. These clubs provided personal assistance to veterans and their families as well as other public services. Following the Second World War, on 18 May 1946, Hamilton Gault organized the first meeting of the PPCLI Association. On 13 September 1953, the PPCLI Association was incorporated. It was structured with autonomous Branches in Canadian cities or regions, and one Branch in the United Kingdom. From 1953 to 1994, the Association ran the PPCLI Regimental Museum and Archives. In 1964 the Association established the Hamilton Gault Memorial Fund for charitable purposes. From about 1982 to about 1994 the Regimental Adjutant was also Secretary-Treasurer of the Association. As of 2017, there were 10 Branches of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association across Canada.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds includes Constitution and Bylaws, minutes of general and Executive meetings, executive correspondence and reports, newsletters, files on Branches, nominal rolls and membership directories, records of the Calgary Branch, financial records, records of commemorative events, records of the Regimental Museum, records of the Memorial Hall of Honour Project, records of the Hamilton Gault Memorial Fund, and photographs.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The fonds was transferred from Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association, 1946-2019.

Arrangement

The fonds was formerly Series 252 of Collection 1, the PPCLI General Collection, and the inventory is structured with the old box-and-file numbering system integrated with a new consecutive numbering system.

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Access to files in the Hamilton Gault Memorial Fund series pertaining to student bursaries is restricted.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Reproduction and publication of photographs requires permission of the PPCLI Regimental Museum and Archives.

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

ppcli

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area