Fonds Fonds 33 - Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

PPCLI Fonds 33

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1998-2011 (Creation)
    Creator
    Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association. Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch

Physical description area

Physical description

3 cm of textual records. - 1 photograph

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1953-)

Administrative history

During World War I Patricia veterans in Ottawa began to gather informally, and the Patricia Club of Ottawa was formed 27 December 1917. On 7 February 1918 its constitution was adopted. Other clubs were later formed in some of the larger Canadian cities, including Winnipeg, which was the Home Base of the the Regiment during the inter-war years. These clubs provided personal assistance to veterans and their families as well as other public services. Following the Second World War, on 18 May 1946, Hamilton Gault organized the first meeting of the PPCLI Association which now included soldiers still serving with the Regiment. After the Korean War, on 13 September 1953, the PPCLI Association was incorporated and the Winnipeg Branch was one of its affiliates. According to the 1985 constitution of the Association, the Winnipeg Branch was renamed the Manitoba Branch. According to the 1990 constitution, it was renamed the Manitoba/NW Ontario Branch. According to its newsletter banner, it was styled Manitoba and North Western Ontario Branch (1999-2002) and Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch (2005-2011).

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds contains 1 photograph of the cairn erected on the site of Fort Osborne Barracks, Home Station of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry from April 1920 to December 1939, and scattered issues of the Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch Newsletter (1998-2011)

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Deposited by D'Arcy Best, executive member of the Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch, 2000-2011, and collected from various sources.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on the records.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

General note

Record No. 01.72

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area