Archief Fonds 33 - Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

PPCLI Fonds 33

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1998-2011 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Association. Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

3 cm of textual records. - 1 photograph

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1953-)

Institutionele geschiedenis

During World War I Patricia veterans in Ottawa began to gather informally, and the Patricia Club of Ottawa was formed 27 December 1917. On 7 February 1918 its constitution was adopted. Other clubs were later formed in some of the larger Canadian cities, including Winnipeg, which was the Home Base of the the Regiment during the inter-war years. These clubs provided personal assistance to veterans and their families as well as other public services. Following the Second World War, on 18 May 1946, Hamilton Gault organized the first meeting of the PPCLI Association which now included soldiers still serving with the Regiment. After the Korean War, on 13 September 1953, the PPCLI Association was incorporated and the Winnipeg Branch was one of its affiliates. According to the 1985 constitution of the Association, the Winnipeg Branch was renamed the Manitoba Branch. According to the 1990 constitution, it was renamed the Manitoba/NW Ontario Branch. According to its newsletter banner, it was styled Manitoba and North Western Ontario Branch (1999-2002) and Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch (2005-2011).

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

The fonds contains 1 photograph of the cairn erected on the site of Fort Osborne Barracks, Home Station of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry from April 1920 to December 1939, and scattered issues of the Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch Newsletter (1998-2011)

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Deposited by D'Arcy Best, executive member of the Manitoba and Northwest Ontario Branch, 2000-2011, and collected from various sources.

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on the records.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Further accruals are expected.

Algemene aantekening

Record No. 01.72

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

  • Engels

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik